Connect legacy, non-HDCP compliant HD display devices via component
Need component video outputs for your TV, projector, or matrix switcher - but only have HDMI outs on your source? No problem! This converter kit comes with everything you need to workaround these limitations and generate a component signal from your 1080p HDMI source for your legacy device!
Scenarios where this is required:
· Almost certainly required when using component matrix switchers
- Native component outs are not recommend in matrix switching scenarios
· Connecting to non-HDCP compliant TVs (HDTVs made in 2005 or earlier)
Common installation scenarios & diagrams:
Can I just use the VidaBox's native component output?
· Yes - but not without severe limitations:
- When playing back DVDs w. Macrovision, the system will not upscale the video feed.
- Resolution is limited to 480p because of DRM implementation.
- When Image Constraint Token (ICT) is implement, Blu-rays will no longer be in HD.
- Final video resolution will also be limited to 540p maximum (once again, DRM)
- Read this thread for further details
· Consider the 3.5mm to SPDIF optical adapter if 2.0 stereo audio is needed
HDMI-to-component kit includes
· Active, live-time HDMI-to-component scaler
- Guaranteed pre-tested for easy, "Plug-n-Play" installation
· 5V power adapter for long-term reliability
· VGA-to-component breakout cable kit
HDMI-to-component scaler features
· Active/scaling transcoder
· Breaks down HDMI1.2 signal into analog & digital audio
- Both outputs are via 3.5mm combo jack
- Purchase optional adapter for SPDIF out
- Note: Unnecessary for media centers
· Auto-centers output image in all standard NTSC/PAL modes
· Performs live-time color Depth Upscaling in all modes
· Accepts both digital RGB and YCbCr color via HDMI
· Resolves EDID & HDCP handshake issues
· Data processor: 11 bit, 200 Mhz
· Input: True HDMI
· Output: Component or RGBHV (Select w. switch)
· Sound Output: 3.5mm analog or optical SPDIF
· Auto-image centering: For all modes
· Color depth upscaling: For all modes
· Power required: Recommended, but optional
· HDCP Compliant: Yes
· EDID settings: 1080p, 1080i, 720p
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 23 July, 2012.