While this is better than having no backups at all, relying purely on backups has many disadvantages, such as:
· It takes some time to fully restore a system
- Time for replacement parts to arrive
- Time for a technician to repair the unit
· Backups needs to be done on a daily basis
· New content since last backup is vulnerable
· The backup itself may fail
With RAID protection, all these disadvantages are eliminated. Even if one hard drive fails, the system's special hardware takes over and lets the server keep on operating, without interruption! All of your priceless data is still safe and protected.